Raw Honey: Cacao + Maca + Royal Jelly
Cacao, Maca and Royal Jelly Raw Honey is a blend of Ecuadorian Nacional Cacao, Peruvian Maca and Royal Jelly from wild hives found in the Altai mountains. The honey base is Altai buckwheat, which is known for its high antioxidant value and abundance of polyphenols.
Ecuadorian Nacional Cacao is amongst the very best grade of raw cacao anywhere in the world. Benefits of cacao include:
- Elevates mood by interacting with neurotransmitter systems that are associated with feelings of wellbeing and happiness.
- Exerts positive effects on the vascular system & cerebral blood flow.
- Antioxidant – ORAC score of approximately 13,000 per 100g.
- Rich in flavonoids - “Epicatechin, the main flavonoid present in cocoa and chocolate improves various aspects of cognition in animals and humans”.
- Contains Anandamide (endocannabinoid, known as “the bliss chemical”).
- Cacao also contains enzyme inhibitors, which inhibit the breakdown of anandamide in the body, thus increasing its uptake and contributing to sensations of ‘bliss’ associated with raw Cacao.
- Contains the stimulating aphrodisiac theobrimine, mood boosting serotonin and tryptophan, a huge amount of phenylethylamine (PEA-aka the ‘love chemical’, due to its ability to increase dopamine).
- Potent food sources of magnesium.
- Contains chemicals called MAO-inhibitors that prevent the removal of the neurotransmitters it also contains, whilst in the body’s digestive tract. This allows more of them to reach the bloodstream, where they also stay for longer without being broken down.
The finest Peruvian Maca – cultivated in the highlands of the Peruvian Andes at 4,200m. The benefits of Maca include:
- High in vitamin C, copper and iron.
- Contains various plant compounds, including glucosinolates and polyphenols.
- Increases sex drive in both men and women.
- May increase sperm production and improve sperm quality, thereby enhancing fertility in men.
- Improves mental well-being and mood by reducing depression and anxiety.
- Contributes to improvements in exercise performance.
- Increases energy and performance.
- May improve symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes and disrupted sleep at night.
Royal Jelly is a substance secreted from the glands of nurse bees. These bees feed the colony larvae with royal jelly; it is during this process new queens are created. Royal jelly is composed of 67% water, 12.5% protein, 11% simple sugars (monosaccharides), 6% fatty acids and 3.5% 10-hydroxy-2-decenoic acid (10-HDA), 2% to 3% vitamins, salts, and amino acids.
Benefits of Royal Jelly include:
- Regulates the immune system.
- Improves memory.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Exerts positive effects on the digestive system (improves intestinal inflammation).
- May have a positive effect on longevity.
- May have antitumour effects.
*Not suitable for children under 12 years.
Raw Altai Buckwheat Honey
5% Royal Jelly