Irish Sea Moss (Chondrus crispus) – 100 g
Authentic Organic Wild Atlantic Irish Sea moss - Hand-harvested from the Wild Atlantic Way coastline.
Irish Sea moss (Chondrus crispus) is the “original” sea moss. It only grows for a short period throughout the year, limiting how much people can harvest. For this reason it’s much more expensive than other species of sea moss found in tropical waters, where it grows all year round.
Sea moss sourced from Jamaica or other tropical locales may be called Irish moss but it is not Chondrus; it most likely comes from a related genus known as Gracilaria, which has a worldwide distribution.
The sea moss we source is true “wildcrafted” unlike the majority of sea moss currently on the market. Data shows 97% of the global seaweed supply comes from farms - many of these are located in Southeast Asia. Therefore, the majority of “wildcrafted” sea moss is NOT wildcrafted, and in some cases not even from the region brands are claiming it’s from. Chondrus can also be farmed, but for the most part this hasn’t been profitable and most Chondrus is wild-crafted.
Benefits to buying whole sea moss over sea moss gel:
- You’re in control - Sea moss gel has a very limited shelf life. By making your own, you’re in control of this shelf life.
- Buying 100 g of whole sea moss will cost you £12.50 and make around 2L of gel. You can choose to only use enough moss to make a 250 ml jar equivalent, at a fraction of the price of readymade gel. Gel brands sell 250 ml for around £10-£12.
- 100 g bag of whole sea moss will last up to 2 years.
Benefits of Irish Sea moss:
- Good source of Iodine - promotes thyroid health.
- Contains minerals which help regulate blood pressure.
- Cleanses the blood.
- Helps maintain healthy heart.
- Anti-inflammatory properties.
- Promotes gut health.
- Improves skin health and helps to reduce outbreaks of acne and other skin conditions.
- Enhances libido in both men and women.
- Helps to regulate hormones in both men and women.
- Helps boost testosterone in men.
- Increases energy and fights fatigue.
- Exerts positive effects on the immune system.
- May help fight prostate enlargement, making it an important consideration in the fight against prostate cancer.
Hand-harvested Wild Irish organic Chondrus crispus (Irish sea moss). Harvested from the Wild Atlantic Way (Western coat of Ireland).
How to Make Sea Moss Gel:
- Take around 10g Sea moss. Rinse and clean in cold water (we recommend 3 rinses). Then cover in Luke warm water for around 30 minutes (It will really expand). (30 minutes is the minimum required soaking time. Don't soak for any longer than 12 hours).
- Drain off water and place 1 cup Sea moss to 1.5 cup fresh water in blender and blend for around 2 minutes. Check consistency until you are happy with it. If too runny, add more moss. If too thick, add more water. You can also incorporate fruit of choice into the gel, as well as adding other health promoting ingredients such as honey, ginger and herbal adaptogens.
Irish sea moss works well when combined with Ashwagandha and/or Siberian Ginseng.
Do not exceed the stated dosage. A food supplement is not a substitute for a healthy diet or lifestyle. High in iodine. Keep out of sight and reach of children. Seek medical advice if pregnant ( Not recommended during pregnancy and lactation) or in case of hyperthyroidism.